My Blinkies



Photobucket

Photobucket

Love the blog? Take my blinkie and link back to me!

Follow Me

Tag Corner

Need a better tag request system?
Join TagCorner! I did!
May 14, 2009

The Saga Character Collection : Alice





Feel free to use my tutorial in any way you would like. Although it is my ideas that will guide you, please feel free to do whatever you choose with it!

This tutorial assumes you have a working knowledge of PSP.

Needed supplies:

Scrap Kit of choice or the one I am using. This kit is by Pimp'd Tag Scraps and can be purchased at Sophisti-Scraps called The Saga Character Collection : Alice

Template: Yvette's twilight templates can be found on her site here.

I used template four which can be found here.

Image of choice. My image is by David Desbois. You can visit his deviantart site here. I have permission from him to use his artwork in my tutorials.


Open all supplies needed for this tutorial.

Shift + D to duplicate your template. Delete the copyright on your duplicated template layer. Close out the original template.

If you are unfamiliar with a template it is very simple and easy to use. Basically, you click on the layer you wish to color. Then, Selections, Select All, Selections Float, Selections Defloat, Selection Invert (for papers) and then select the paper layer and hit the delete key on your keyboard. If you are using a flood fill color, just add a new layer and flood fill the selection. If you are using a round shape, you would also need to go to Selections, Smooth, 10 for settings, then Invert. I won't be writing these directions out everytime.

Below you will find the template layer and the paper layer used in my tag.

Rectangle1 - pp8
Rectangle2 - pp5 with white diffuse 3.0 gradient glow or drop shadow.
Backgrounds - pp3
frames - white flood fill
heart - deleted (used an element)
wordart - black

Add your elements of choice. See tag for exact placement and resize as necessary. I added:

doodle-glitter-01 under the bottom template layer toward the right bottom
flower-06 to the bottom rotated 90 degrees
paper-heart replace the heart in the template with this heart
butterfly rotated a bit to the left and placed in the top left corner
paper-tab in the middle of the frames toward the top
bow-02 to the middle of the frames toward the top above the paper-tab
flower-07 to the right top frame
leaf-doodle not resized in the middle of the tag.


Misting an image is very easy. Using your magic wand, freehand selection, use these options:

Click on the image and choose Promote Background Layer. Now, start anywhere in the image you want to begin. What you are going to do is left click to place the pointer and then move the line to the next point and click again to make a rough cutout of the portion of the image you would like to mist. When you are done, right click and the selection will be made. Then, hit delete on your keyboard once or twice to feather the image around it.

Now add your misted image to the tag! My Jasper was mirrored and resized to fit into the frame.
I also changed the lighting to luminance on both images.

Add any other elements of your choice.

Drop shadow your layers and merge them where you would like.

Add your copyright at this time for the scrapkit.

Add your text of choice, I used UpDock ROB for the text and the font, with a medium 3.0 white gradient glow if desired. You could also use a white drop shadow to create the same results.

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Please feel free to send me your results!

0 comments:

About Me

Like these tutorials? Check out my regular tutorial site here:
Photobucket
Want to receive some of the tutorial tags created by me?
Click to join tweetytags

Click to join tweetytags